Code Of Conduct For Teacher
In fulfillment of their obligations to the teaching profession, teachers will strive to:
- Advance the interests of the teaching profession through responsible ethical practices.
- Make an effort for the continuous development through training programs, workshops and research and development activities.
- Perform their duties in the form of teaching, tutorials, practicals, seminars and research work, conscientiously and with dedication.
- Participate in extension, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, including the community service.
- Guiding and counseling students as a mentor and inculcating human and ethical values in them.
- Teachers should be good counselors and Facilitators. They should help, guide, encourage and assist the students to ensure that the Teaching-Learning Process is effective and successful. Value based education must be their motto.
- Conduct himself / herself with absolute dignity and decorum in his/her dealing with the superiors, colleagues and students every time.
- Prepare a teaching plan to be followed through the semester and should complete the syllabus in time.
- Deal impartially with students regardless of their religion, cast gender, political, economic, social and physical characteristics.
- Inculcate among students scientific temper, spirit of inquiry and ideals of democracy, patriotism, social justice, environmental protection and peace
- Student Guardian scheme must be followed and the mentor teacher should take proper care of his group of students, by guiding, motivating, counseling and monitoring their attendance and performance.
- Teachers must report in time to duty as per the working hours prescribed and should be available in the campus unless and otherwise they are assigned duties elsewhere.
- ID Card: It is Mandatory for teacher to wear prescribed uniform and ID cards at all times when they are in campus.
- All must report for duty on the reopening day and the last working day of each academic session.
- No cell phone is allowed during the teaching hours in classroom. Cell phone is only allowed for communication purpose or for college work only in college campus.
- Leave should be enjoyed only after the prior sanction from the principal, otherwise leave application will not be entertained.