Department of Library
N. H. College has very vast library structure and rich with books, journals, news paper and magzines. College library has a separate building having constructed area 3069.73 Sq. Ft. in the Center of the Campus & nearby all departments. Library Hall has been divided in different sections like students reading room, Carrels, PG & Faculty Reading Room. Library stack has division of Journals, reference section and periodicals section.
Library having computer facility with Wi-Fi enabled for students and staffs. Housekeeping activities of the library like circulation, administration, OPAC through LAN has been automated and powered by LIBMAN Library Software.
Library Services and Facility
- Wall-mounted 50 inches television is installed in the library to display notices, cover pages of newly purchased books, quotes, legal maxims, importance of today, etc.
- Newspaper stands are on the corridor for easy accessibility of the newspaper. All Books are bar coded to speed up the issue/return process of the books.
- Student have an access of NDL online legal database access the latest articles, Books and related legal materials.
- Students have an access of downloadable public domain offline art, commerce, science books through network folder accessible through LAN.
- To reduce theft of books and to monitor day-to-day activities 4-CCTV surveillance cameras are installed in the library.
- Library keeps the save of the e-newspaper related to the college matters and articles published of the faculty and students in the e-newspapers.
- Library keeps the cutting of the newspaper related to the college matters and articles published of the faculty and students in the newspapers.
- Internet facility
- OPAC Facility
- Catalogue Service.
- Career/employment information facility.
- Suggestion Box
- Reading room facility.
- Open access system for P.G. & Research students.
- Separate study section for comt. & Net/Set exam.
- Generator facility to avoid interrupt.
- Special scheme for physically challenged.
- Orientation for students ( Fresher )
- Eklavya Yojana for meritorious students.
- Reference /Referral Service.
- Xerox service.
- Inter library loan service.
- Bibliographic Compilation
- Service for outsider.
- Audio-video service
- Display university result
Earn and learn Student
The needy students are also work in library through earn and learn scheme and they carry out their study in library with book facility.
The library is kept open throughout the year from 10:00AM To 6:00 PM(official time). For the sake of the students, reading room is open from 08:00 AM to 11:00 PM including holiday.
Cash Deposit Scheme
College library has run cash deposit scheme for the students of the college. Under the cash deposit scheme, books are provided to the needy students during the period of examination. Student issue the books by depositing the prescribed book amount and amount will be refunded after returning the book.
N-List Project (INFLIBNET) and NDL
Library is a member of the N-list project and NDL through which students and staff members access to e-journals and e-books. Each student and staff members has been provided separate user id and password through which they can access e-books and e-journals anywhere from the world.
Library has built its own website having URL http://www.nhcdigitallibrary.in where students have an access to relevant information such as syllabus, question papers. It is single window to access related information with useful web links.
Photocopying machine is installed where bonafide students can avail the facility to photocopy the library reading materials at the cost of Rs. 1 /- per page. Printing of Question Papers, Syllabus, Judgments are also made available at the cost of Rs. 1/-. per page.
- Newly procured books are displayed at the entrance in a glass Almira.
- Downloaded/scanned book-covers of newly purchased books are displayed on the television.
- Book exhibition
- Dr. S. R. Ranganathan Reading Club
- Library training
- Guideline for Students.
- E-book exhibition
- Work shop
- Library Conducts Orientation Programmers’ to the newly admitted students.
- Library the conducts Program on ‘how to use library for research purpose’, ‘Search Criteria of Online and Offline Legal Databases with freely available online source’.
- Library Conducts Competitions on ‘Legal Maxims’, Debates at College Level.
- Library features/showcase the movies/shortclips/documentary regularly in the smart class relating to academic/personal growth/latest trends.
- Library department gives the ‘best library user’ award every year at the annual function of the college.
- Students are directed to keep their belongings at the property rack which is at the entrance of the library.
- Students entering in the library have to write details of his/her entry/exit in the register at the entrance.
- Strict silence should be observed in the reading hall.
- Library staff/personnel’s have the right to ask the students to show his/her identity card .
- Two Library cards are issued to the B.A., B.COM., B.Sc., M.A., M.COM., M.Sc. Hons Students on which two books can be borrowed for a period of 7 days.
- Student can renew the book if it is not in demand. Renewal will be permitted only twice in continuity and book should be brought physically to the library to renew the book.
- Fine of Rs. 1 /- will be charged per day if the book is returned after the due date.
- If the books is lost/mutilated student has to replace the latest edition of the same book immediately or have to pay the cost of three times of the book.
- Librarian has the right to call the book back at any time.
- Reference/Rare books are not permitted to take outside of the library premises.